Wild Bird Treat Mix in a Quart Jar
1 1/4 cups yellow cornmeal
1/2 cup wheat germ
1/2 cup small mixed bird seed
1/2 cup raisins
1 1/2 cups quick oats
- Layer cornmeal, wheat germ, bird seed, raisins and oats in order given (starting with cornmeal), in a 1 quart wide mouth jar pressing each layer very firmly before adding next layer.
- Decorate jar and attach a recipe card with the following instructions:
- "WILDBIRD TREATS"
- Empty all ingredients from jar into a large bowl, mix.
- Add: 3/4 cup peanut butter, smooth or crunchy, and 1 cup water.
- Mix very well. Add more water, if necessary, to make a stiff dough.
- Spread in a 9"x13" baking pan.
- Use knife to cut bars into 2"x4" bars. Leave bars in place.
- Bake at 250 degrees F. for 45 minutes.
- Leave in pan to cool.
- Cut into bars along cut lines.
- Feed wild birds one bar at a time.
- Keep remaining bars refrigerated until needed.