Tuesday, July 7, 2009

I'm back!

I've been enjoying the last three weekends getting away from it all. Over Father's Day weekend, my husband and I headed "west" and stayed in a cabin on the Iowa side of the Mississippi River. We enjoyed our annual trek to the Mountain Man Rendezvous (Prairie Villa Rendezvous) in Prairie du Chien, WI. We had a great weekend. Only mishap was when we were getting ready to leave, after having breakfast in a very small town, we got into a "fender bender" with a young girl who decided to pull into the parking space next to us as we were backing out. When we called the police, we had to wait for him because "he wasn't on duty yet". Talk about a small town! Then, we found out later, he was the Chief of Police!

The next weekend, we went up north and stayed in my brother's travel trailer in a campground on a lake. Luckily, the weather cooled down enough because the campground's electricity at each campsite was too old to handle running an air conditioner unit! We had dinner several times at "supper clubs" (couldn't find anything that was referred to as a restaurant). We also encountered "wildlife", such as deer, a porcupine that wouldn't get out of the road and an unidentified snake that my fearless husband tried to pick up! Also, I got to see my husband get thrown from a Waverunner! LOL!

The Fourth of July weekend was a stay-at-home weekend. We didn't even go anywhere to watch fireworks (though, I did watch our local fireworks show from my daughter's 2nd floor bedroom window). I did a lot of "putzing" around the house and got a bunch of stuff done.

Now, it's time to get back on track and get into the regular routine again. But it is summer, and when you live in Wisconsin, you want to enjoy the outdoors as much as possible, especially since the summer weather had a late start around here.

Happy Summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog! Marni