Thursday, November 5, 2009

My Favorite Finds #7

Who Can Resist A Kiss?
A Hershey's chocolate kiss, that is! They are one of my favorites! When I was young and a Girl Scout, maybe even a Brownie, I remember doing this project! And over the years, I have done this same project with my daughters. Our version used green crepe paper to wrap the cone and then we pinned on peppermint candies using straight pins (that way, you could remove and eat the candies safely). This version is for decorative purposes only, but, with a few minor adjustments (no hot glue, use straight pins instead to attach candies), you can remove and safely eat the kisses! Try an Autumn version by using the kisses wrapped in the fall colors of gold, brown, copper, etc.

Supplies:
One 12 x 4-inch Styrofoam cone
Aluminum foil
4 bags ( 13 oz. each) HERSHEY'S KISSES Chocolates, wrapped in green, red and silver foil
Glue (low heat gun, non-toxic craft glue, glue stick or confectioners' glue)
Toothpicks
Bow
Ice cream cones

Instructions:
1. Cover foam cone with foil.
2. Decorate cone with green foil-wrapped chocolates by gluing flat side against the foil-covered cone. Use the remaining red and silver chocolates to decorate the tree. Insert one end of a toothpick into the side of each chocolate; insert other end into the foam cone, filling in the gaps between the green foil chocolates.
3. Place a cheerful bow at top of tree.
4. Glue remaining chocolates to ice cream cones to create your fantasy forest!
Finished dimension of large tree: 14 inches high.
*Completed craft is for decorative purpose only and candy should not be eaten.

3 comments:

  1. I am laughing right now, because if I tried this project it would never happen...I'd end up eating all the kisses:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute and yummy too! We'd have to make the one that you can eat - it wouldn't last long around here! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooo, I gasped! I LOVE Hershey's kisses - this is tempting me to go out & buy some right now :) I have a chocolate weakness!

    31everything.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my blog! Marni