Monday, November 23, 2009

My Favorite Thanksgiving Finds

I'm a Martha Stewart wannabe..........though I would never admit it outloud! I always record her holiday specials and watch them enthusiastically. I'm also a fan of her daughter's show, "Whatever, Martha"! Even if you are not a fan of Martha, you have to admit, her shows are very inspirational for the cook, artist/crafter and do-it-yourselfer at heart!

I found this neat Thanksgiving craft idea on her website. It's simple, yet elegant. And you can add your own special touches, such as attaching a photo of the person, scrapbooking elements, stickers or clipart, glitter, etc. You could also "guild" the leaves by spray painting them with gold metallic paint or embellish with a paint pen or use the good old glue and glitter method.

Leaf Place Cards

Direct guests to their seats with name cards topped by leaves that look like they just blew in. To make each card, fold a piece of brown cover-weight card stock in half. Write guest's name with a white gel pen. Cut 1 or 2 notches (about 1 inch wide) in card, at an angle. Slide fallen leaves -- fresh or dried and pressed -- into each notch.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog! Marni