Monday, December 7, 2009

My Favorite Finds #8

A co-worker brought this recipe into work several years ago and it is fantastic! Talk about simple, anyone can make this! It is one of my new traditions in my home during the Christmas season. I have taken it up one more level, which I will explain at the end*, but both ways are wonderful! Enjoy!!

Praline Squares

Ingredients:
20 to 24 graham crackers
3/4 cup butter or margarine
3/4 cup light brown sugar, packed
3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract

3/4 cup chopped pecans

Preparation:
Preheat oven to 350° F. Line a 15x10x1-inch jelly roll pan with graham crackers. Bring butter or margarine and brown sugar to rolling boil; reduce heat slightly so as not to boil over, boil 2 minutes, stirring the whole time. Remove from heat. When bubbling subsides, stir in vanilla and chopped pecans. Spoon over graham crackers. Bake praline squares for 10 minutes. Cool slightly; cut into squares.

*For the chocolate lovers: After you remove the pan from the oven, sprinkle your favorite chocolate chips (milk chocolate, semi-sweet, dark, etc.) over the graham crackers (about a cup); wait a couple of minutes, then spread the melted chocolate chips with a knife or spatula. Yummy!

1 comment:

  1. OK, I can't resist...I'm definitely trying this. Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my blog! Marni