Wednesday, March 24, 2010

REVIEW - Slow Cooker Corned Beef and Cabbage Recipe


I made the Slow Cooker Corned Beef and Cabbage recipe last Friday and I have to say it is one of the best Corned Beef and Cabbage I have ever tasted. I'm actually not the biggest fan of corned beef, but I will eat it once a year for St. Patrick's Day. I used a bottle of my husband's dark beer that we had in the fridge (from a local micro-brewery). The house had an odd "smell" all day from the beer but when we sat down to eat, it was awesome! My husband and brother love corned beef normally, but they REALLY liked this version of it! I made a pot of corned beef and cabbage without the beer, too, and everyone, including the teenagers, preferred the beer version.  YOU DO NOT TASTE THE BEER! I won't even bother making the "regular" stuff next time.  I would highly recommend this recipe!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog! Marni